Welcome to the Beechworth Primary School website. At Beechworth Primary School we have a lovely blend of new and old. We value and pay respect to our long history, and look forwards to an innovative and collaborative learning environment where students are encouraged to embrace all opportunities. Communication, critical thinking, and sustainability are at the core of our learning. Strong learning partnerships with our families and the wider school community are important to us.
We have a strong focus on deep learning in Literacy and Numeracy, which underpins learning in all other curriculum areas. We encourage global thinking and citizenship, and work hard at preparing students to be confident and successful in the new digital age and their life beyond school.
We would love you to visit our school.
Image courtesy Ovens and Murray Advertiser
Beechworth Primary School is a child-centered school. The voices of the children are significant and their views are respected. We believe that children are adventurous in acquiring knowledge, intellectually curious and keen to actively engage in making sense of their world. We encourage joyful pursuit and excitement of learning for our entire School Community.
At Beechworth Primary we strive to create a positive environment so that everyone feels welcome and included, creating a sense of belonging to our school community.
We can practice inclusion by:
• Wearing our school uniform whilst at school.
• Where possible, including others in our play and activities.
• Using kind words and kind actions.
At Beechworth Primary School we have a responsibility to make the most of our learning opportunities so that we can continue to improve as learners.
We do this by:
• Following classroom rules, which we as a class agreed to at the beginning of the year.
• Attempting to complete all activities the teacher has given us.
• By not continually causing disruptions during our learning time.
At Beechworth Primary School we strive to create a positive environment where students and adults are treated with dignity and respect.
We can practice RESPECT by:
• Not using abusive or inappropriate language at school.
• Telling the truth.
• Following teacher instructions.
• Taking care of our belongings and not touching other people’s belongings without their permission.
• Using school equipment with care.
At Beechworth Primary we have the responsibility to keep ourselves and others safe.
We have these responsibilities of:
• Staying in the school grounds at all times.
• Asking the teacher if we wish to leave the classroom.
• Not throwing sticks, pinecones or stones when playing in the yard.
• Not acting aggresively or harming others.